Veronica bucket donated to host community to assist with hygiene
In recognition of these responsibilities, our COVID-19 management is highly prevention focussed and proactive. As a company we are working to provide leadership in COVID-19 management to our business partners, as well as working closely with our partners in the Ghana Health Services for the purposes of integrated management. Here is just some of what we’re doing:
Management Planning and Preparedness
- Epidemic and Pandemic Management Plan updated prior to World Health Organization declaration of a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
- Dedicated Ghana based Emergency Management Team established with Crisis Management Team established for oversight.
- Daily situation monitoring supported by International SOS.
Chief Medical Officer meets with logistics team to discuss COVID-19 controls in their supply chains
- Wide-spread education to workforce and host communities.
- Open communication with Ghanaian Government and Union leadership.
COVID-19 education posters in the workplace
Access, Screening and Travel Restrictions
- Site access and screening protocols in place since February have been effective in preventing access to our mines by people from known outbreak regions.
- Proactively stopped international travel ahead of government travel bans.
- Stopped in-bound travel into Ghana before any cases identified in Ghana.
- Proactively required returning Ghanaian citizens and residents to undertake self-quarantine, prior to this being implemented as a Government initiative.
- Proactively stopped travel between mine sites and Ghanaian epi-centres ahead of government lock-down of Accra, Kumasi and Kasoa.
- Proactive cessation of all non-essential travel and transport by company vehicles.
Thermal screening has been implemented since the first case identified in Ghana
Hygiene and sanitation
- Enhanced facilities for hand washing and sanitation implemented for Ebola have been maintained.
- Employees who are ill are encouraged to stay at home.
- Compulsory hand sanitizing stations.
Compulsory hand-sanitisation when getting on to company bus
- Support to community including water tanks and Veronica buckets for hand washing.
- Practicing physical distancing:
- stopped non-essential meetings and gatherings;
- holding pre-start meetings outdoors wherever possible;
- additional buses to reduce bus seating density; and
- additional eating areas and meal rosters to allow for greater distancing.
New hand-washing station established at Wassa underground
- Primary medical preparedness activities implemented ahead of any cases in Ghana.
- Targeted training for at-risk personnel (underlying medical conditions) and flexibility to enable them to self-quarantine as applicable.
Holding facility established at site for case management in event of suspected case
Flexibility and Wellbeing
- London office started work from home ahead of UK government lock-down.
- Proactively moved Accra office to work from home ahead of Ghana government lock-down.
- Encourage employees to discuss flexible working or stay at home options, with leaders.
- Leaders’ guidance documents to assist in communications with teams.
- Extending leave for employees already on leave.
- Supporting and providing access to programs for mental wellbeing of people working from home or in voluntary or imposed quarantine.
Hand washing at our Wassa underground
Let’s hear from the team about these controls and their importance.
Philipa Varris, EVP & Head of Sustainability
Within the Golden Star team, we also have these over-lapping responsibilities – to make sure everyone goes home safe and healthy every day, by ensuring that our operations do not bring COVID-19 into our host communities; and at the same time, to try and maintain our operations.
This is something we could not do without the dedication and commitment of our team. It is because the Golden Star team have applied all the controls we have asked, that we are becoming stronger and more prepared. Thank you to you all. Ye betumi aye!
Dr. Solomon Dowdall, Chief Medical Officer – International SOS
Education is a key preventative measure, with ongoing instruction on hand-washing and safe distancing, handling of goods and human interaction. Everyone at the operations are subject to ongoing screening of temperatures, symptoms, travel histories and contacts to ensure any potential cases are identified and managed early.
Our medical team is continuously updating our knowledge and strategies to be able to provide the safest workplace possible. Transit of people and goods are strictly monitored and minimized to reduce any risks of transmission into the area.
It is a pleasure and a privilege to work with such a focused team, with everybody doing their part to halt the march of this pandemic.
George Amankwah-Kumi, Group & Community Health Coordinator
It is amazing to observe the enthusiasm and swiftness with which these target groups have accepted these preventive measures as a way of life.
I am more than convinced that together we will defeat the COVID-19 pandemic and stay healthy if we continue to keep to these basic preventive measures.
Boatemaa Hammond, Group Corporate Affairs Superintendent
As a team we need to try new things to reach employees and demonstrate our commitment to their safety and well-being.
One of the new things we have been doing is making videos of our leaders where they talk about the current situation, the measures to be taken as a company and what each of us can do to ensure that we are safe. Everyone strongly believes that “we will come out of this is a stronger Golden Star”! Ayekoo to that! The videos have been so well received that we will likely continue this after COVID 19.
If you'd like to find out more about Golden Star and its approach to CSR, please visit www.gsr.com/responsibility
All thanks to Elegant loan firm for helping me secure a of $1,000,000.00 USD to establish my Foodstuff supermarket business in different places. I have been looking for a financial help for the past four years. But now, am completely stressed free all the help of the loan officer Mr Russ Harry. So, I will advise any person who seek for funds to improve his or her business to contact this great firm for help, and it is real and tested. You can reach them through- Email --Elegantloanfirm@Hotmail.com- or Whats-app +393511617486.ReplyDelete
Are you interested in the service of a hacker to get into a phone, facebook account, snapchat, Instagram, yahoo, Whatsapp, get verified on any social network account, increase your followers by any amount, bank wire and bank transfer. Contact him on= email@example.com +12132951376(WHATSAPP)ReplyDelete
Our company is into project funding, Loan, joint venture, Equity and we are globally willing to fund companies, Private bodies,Government bodies and we are ready to help you with any kind of financial needs. In-case you are interested with my company financial services do get back to me with Kindly get back to us: firstname.lastname@example.orgReplyDelete
Whats-app us on +917428734439
Do you need Finance?ReplyDelete
Are you looking for Finance?
Are you looking for a money to enlarge your business?
We help individuals and companies to obtain loan for business
expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get a loan at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this cash/loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via Email:email@example.com